Thursday, April 9, 2009

NO TIME











Things have been extremely busy for me lately, in ways that I would never have thought of even 6 months ago....More so, I would never have been able to handle some of the things that have come up lately, had they happened 6 months ago.

God has been stretching me in more ways than I can even comprehend lately, and had I not gone through all of my trials last year, I don't think I would have been prepared for the new challenges in my life.

My title of "No Time" seems very appropriate and ties in with my last post. I bought a new camera a few weeks ago, and have been anxiously waiting for it to get here. Finally after 3 days of trying, UPS was able to deliver it, after I signed a slip giving them permission to deliver it to my neighbors house. The thing is, I have this new camera and a box full of stuff to go with it, and I don't even have time to think about opening up the stuff to look at it, much less check out how things work.

I thought last weekend that I would be able to go out and enjoy the sunny weather and take some photos with my other camera, however, God had different plans.

My son was gone on Spring break, and so far, I had not been able to enjoy even a moment of this time. I had been sick for half of the week, and very busy the other days that I had. Finally Friday came around and I was looking forward to going out Saturday to play in the sun, when I got an unexpected phone call that would change things for not only the weekend, but perhaps for an unexpected amount of time.

My son has a friend that I have been somewhat of a "surrogate/foster" parent to, for almost as many years as we have lived in Spokane. I care very deeply for him and as a mother would do anything to help him and his siblings. So when I picked up the phone and his voice was on there I knew there was something wrong. Immediately I went into "mother mode" once he told me that he and his siblings had been placed in the "foster care" system that morning.

There is nothing that will get your adrenaline pumping faster than when one of your kids are hurting, have been hurt by someone else, or are placed in some kind of danger. As a mother, I immediately started down a road to finding out how I could help these kids, especially knowing that there was no one else in the immediate position to help them.....

To be continued....later today or ?????

1 comment:

Mel said...

Wow, Katrena, so much is happening in your life! God bless you and strengthen and energize you as you reach out to these kids who are going through such difficult circumstances. May the deepest needs of your heart be met as God through you meets the needs of others. I'm so proud of you.